The mansion, nicknamed Madanlar, is located in a large garden in Hızırfakı Neighborhood. In the three-storey mansion, which fully reflects the local civil architectural characteristics of Mudurnu, there are wooden ceiling motifs unique to Mudurnu houses, divans in the bay window, sofa areas and rooms opening to the sofas. On the sofas, there are flowerpots, an interior design element unique to Mudurnu, and couchs, wooden cabinets and a hearth on the windowsills in the rooms.
In 2020, the owners of the mansion, Doğulu family, became a partner in the ownership of the mansion with urban planner Dr. A. Ege Yıldırım and fashion designer Zeynep Erdoğan and rolled up his sleeves to repair and operate the mansion together. The mansion is open to accommodation with the concept of home-hostel and can also host cultural event organizations.
In September 2020, the restitution-restoration project prepared by the TD Project Office (Nihan and Yetkin Karakaşoğlu) was approved by the Ankara Regional Board for Conservation of Cultural Heritage No.1.
The restoration, which started in May 2021 under the consultancy of master architect Y. Burak Dolu and under the contractorship of CRC Architecture (site manager: Cihan Yıldırım), took about a year. The original architectural features have been carefully preserved, the parts of the carrier material that have been damaged over time have been renewed, and it has been prepared for a lively life again with comfortable wet areas and a tasteful decoration.
In accordance with the sustainability principles and the CittaSlow title of Mudurnu, renewable energy sources were used to heat the mansion.
Madanlar Mansion consists of five large rooms, a common area (sofa) on each floor, a kitchen, a 1,000 m2 garden with various fruit trees, and a ‘multi-purpose hall’ functioned cottage (curtilage) in the garden.
In July 2022, an agreement was signed between the company and the landlords for Terra Mudurnu to take over the management of the mansion.
- Heating: We preferred more environmentally friendly methods alternative to coal: pellet boiler and room-based fancoil (convector with fan) system is used.
- Internet: There is a password-free internet.
- Parking place: There is about 3 parking spaces on the street outside the mansion.
- Food and Beverage: Breakfast and beverage service is available. Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Garden: 1000 m2, natural landscape, walnut and cherry trees on the sides, a garden area on the side, grass and grass in the middle sections [exactly which trees, how many will be confirmed]
- Shed in the garden (multi-purpose hall): flexible organized meeting space for 20 people
- Breakfast room and ‘lounge’ (with TV) on the ground floor sofa
- Sofas and sitting groups in the middle and upper floor sofas